Sunday, March 6, 2011

Six month update

YAEd is coming along slowly but it's functional--kinda. Which is something. I've recently figured out what direction I will go with find behaviour (something i've been stuck on for a while). I also have it building on windows but it's a little crashy.  That's what I get for ignoring stupid gtk runtime errors... Speaking of windows...

I built myself a shiny new computer for christmas and bought a real windows license to go along with it. Turns out that was debatably a poor decision because shortly after i bought the computer I decided to go back to school again and didn't have the money because i had an unforeseen car repair.... So i put in some hours and lived poor but i made enough for three credits.

School is going well. I'm halfway through the semester and homework and attendence are up. Tests need work though. My first two were brutal and shameful. I managed to find a pdf of one of my textbooks which is awesome moneywise but reading from a laptop suuucks.

Enter Jarrett. He bought a nook color and rooted it and stuff. Its a $250 android tablet with a gorgeous screen and not too shabby power behind it. Well i got the gadget lust and after all i need a better way to read my textbook right? So i bought one. It fires my imagination and wastes my time. It is awesome. Maybe i'll follow up with a review or some thoughts.

But as usual after making a big purchase unforeseen expenses. I just had my car in the shop again and now i've spent enough that i feel poor again. qq c'est la vie, non?

No comments: