Sunday, August 31, 2008

Busy busy.

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged, and a lot has happened. Here is the rundown:

I am registered for school, and somehow managed to get financial aid, despite my abysmal performance last year. YAY. Just taking two credits, trying to get my school work ethic back, so i'm going to slowly build up to the asskicking classes that i really need, by slowly building up with the last few generals i need.

I've nearly completed milestone 2 with my ycurses thingie. just need to finish up the form library then it's done. i'll be releasing an alpha beta rc cycle with this milestone, as there are a lot of templates involved and potential for lots of bugs, so we'll wait until a) i line by line verify it. b) lots of time has passed and no bugs show up. Also, i've been rethinking the roadmap a little, thinking about adding a d-centric layer, and maybe support for curses.

fixed my laptop....again....typing from it now actually. it turns out that when i tried to fix the power adapter last time i accidentally cut a tiny hole in the insulated wire that was shorting out on the wire sheath, which is why it worked with bare wires, but as soon as i tried to put it together it stopped working. my battery is still shot though i think, i'm trying to recondition it now, if that doesn't work, i'll have to reset the pmu and calibrating again, if that still doesn't work, then i'll be thinking seriously about getting a macbook with my financial aid instead of sinking $100 into an ancient ibook running through the grace of several miles of electrical tape, and coins attached to logic boards.

that's the gist of it, my birthday is next friday, if you know me and read this, come. bars, followed by jungle juice, yummy

No comments: