Monday, August 11, 2008

Curses and girlfriend.

Over the weekend I've made a strong start on going through the ncurses man pages and verifying that everything in my curses module is up to spec. I've finished with about 16% of them.

Two things interesting about my progress:
  1. There are way more macros than I expected, which means more likelyhood of bugs :-( so i may have to write or find a stress tester for the thing.
  2. The excessive amounts of macros means I might be able to implement a set of "safe" d-style templates to replace the c-style ones i've got now, without adding excessive code size, or a library to link in.
So that's my progress on curses.

My girlfriend has been in B-town all weekend, and she just got back, so I'm probably going to spend the rest of the day with her, and won't be working on curses until at least tomorrow.

No comments: